Monday, June 11, 2012

Snowbound with a Stranger

Snowbound with a Stranger
by Rebecca Rogers Maher
Published by Carina Press
73 pages
Available on Amazon.com.
Thanks to NetGalley for the preview.



I tell you what. I am not one for exercise - a brisk trot from the sofa to the refrigerator is enough for me - but I'd hike a mountain. In a snowstorm. A blinding snowstorm. In frigid, dipping temperatures, while being chased by a bear. IF it means that what happens between Dannie and Lee happened to me and  someone.

And by "someone," I guess I mean my husband.

Whatever.

So anyway. Dannie and Lee work at a hospital in New York, she as a nurse and he as a social worker. They have tortured pasts ... blah blah blah. What matters is what happens when they are trapped - SNOWBOUND - in a well stocked cabin.

He bit her neck. She gave a strangled cry and came again. He was building, tensing. She wanted him to feel what she felt. She lifted her hips to him, locked her legs around his back and met his thrusts with her own. She dug her nails deep into his back and arched into him.
He exploded inside her, pinning her to the floor. 

For reals. Wouldn't you brave a snowstorm - a hike through snowdrifts and trees and NATURE - for some action like that?

Yeah, there is a plot here somewhere. Two lost souls find each other while they rock the headboard in a snowbound cabin in the woods. What really matters are the sexy times, and Rebecca Rogers Maher can write some sexy times, people. Yes, she can. Dannie and Lee give as good as they take, and by "give," I mean - well, you know what I mean. And by "take," I mean TAKE. The headboard in question is brass with rungs.

Think about it.

Again, I say, Christian Grey, you have given me Ideas.

This is a very quick, hot read. Nothing more, nothing less. Maher writes the hell out of sex scenes, you can rest assured about THAT. Read it if you want to get your motor running.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your book down for two minutes and write me. Pretty please!
I appreciate you taking the time to visit the blog and comment.