And I'll still participate, thanks to the Armchair BEA:
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? My nom de blog is cupcake, and I've been blogging for about six years, primarily through a blog about teaching. Earlier this year, I started cupcake's book cupboard, where I review books. I got into blogging to vent about teaching, and I'm staying because I love to read.
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? I'm currently reading Code Name Verity, by Elizabeth Wein. My favorite book this year - wow. That's a Sophie's Choice kind of thing, isn't it? Right now, it's The Replacement Wife, by Eileen Goudge, which I loved beyond words.
- Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. I once met Wayne Newton in his dressing room at the Las Vegas Hilton. He was wearing a velour robe, and his hair was very tall.
- What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)? My blog is woefully generic, I am sad to say. My favorite things are probably the reviews of the Fifty Shades trifecta, because I can get really snarky with those. I love snark.
- Where do you see your blog in five years? Hopefully I will continue to write honest reviews. I tend to be very sarcastic and snarky (see Answer #4), and I'd like to incorporate more of that. But I respect writers, so I try to be kinder than I really am.
- Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read? The books I want everyone to read are Gone Girl, Girl Unmoored, Breaking Beautiful and The Replacement Wife. But the funniest posts are Fifty Shades Darker and Freed.
- If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? Mr. Darcy, without a doubt, because he's MR. DARCY.
- What literary location would you most like to visit? Why? I yearn to go to Italy, so let's start with that. But Pemberley is a close second, because - come on! - MR. DARCY lives there.
- What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years? I love how supportive the book blogging community is, whether fellow bloggers, authors or publishing houses. We all have the same goal: get people to read.
- Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How? I was too snobby before this gig. Now I'm deep into romance, erotica and YA. I still love Pride and Prejudice and Les Miserables, but I own all of Kristan Higgins' books.