Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Meet Dawn Kirby!


Welcome Dawn Kirby!

Guess what! Dawn Kirby, author of Secrets, was kind enough to stop by and answer a few questions. Secrets is the first of a planned series focused on vampires, humans and werewolves, and, more importantly, families. 

Dawn describes herself as a "typical mom running around after her children, catering to her husband's needs, acting as a taxi driver, and gourmet chef. Then by night she falls into a world filled with shirtless werewolves, lethal vampires, and dangerous adventures." Way to go, Dawn!  



What books inspire you the most and why?

I guess I only have one answer for that question. They all do. I don’t really have a specific genre I prefer to read over another. They all have a little something to offer. Whether it be historical, educational, or make believe they can all take you to another time and place. It’s fascinating to me how easy it is to forget where you are and fall, head first into whatever world the author has created. Those worlds, their words and experiences is where I find inspiration.

Describe your writing ritual. After you spend your day catering to your family, how do you get yourself into the mindset to write?

It doesn’t take much really. After everybody is settled and fed, I sit in my little corner of the couch, Cold can of Coke beside me, turn on my laptop and try to let all the daytime stress go. It usually doesn’t take long to pick up where I left off the day before. In no time at all, I’m lost to the real world.

If you could win an Olympics gold medal for any event, winter or summer, which would you choose and why?

Oh goodness…I’m not sure. I guess if I had to pick it would be in archery. There’s just something about the skill required that has always appealed to me. (I think archery is kind of badass, Dawn, so I agree with you there. I might go for fencing, though, because a little sword play sounds kind of fun, doesn't it?)

What is a talent you wish you had?

Like Leah, I wish I could sense who people really are. Being able to surround myself with truly wonderful, genuine friends would save a lot of heartache in the long run.

What is your favorite junk food?

Hot Tamales, the little red candies. They are pure cinnamon heaven! Unfortunately I enjoy them so much, it’s really easy to lose track of how many I’ve actually had.

If you fell in love with a vampire, would you want him to change you into one?

I don’t think I would. Living forever is way too long. 


Now that you know more about Dawn Kirby, go support her by buying your very own copy of Secrets (available on Amazon.com). It's entertaining, and it isn't your typical vampires and werewolves tale. We love authors, and we love books, so GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your book down for two minutes and write me. Pretty please!
I appreciate you taking the time to visit the blog and comment.