Friday, January 20, 2012

Innocent by Harlan Coben

I first "met" Harlan Coben through Deal Breaker, the first of his Mickey Bolitar series. I really enjoyed that one (Mickey is a sports agent, whose ex-girlfriend comes to him hoping he will help uncover the mystery of her missing sister), so when I saw Innocent in the bookstore, I picked it up.

If you enjoy a good mystery, you will enjoy Innocent. I really like the way Coben writes; it's entertaining without taking itself too seriously, and the twists are true surprises.

Innocent is about an ex-con named Matt Hunter, who went to jail for killing a boy at a fraternity party. The circumstances of that night unfold throughout the book, because they frame Matt's personal story. After getting out of jail, he meets Olivia, marries her, and, when the book begins, she is newly pregnant with their first child. But then his cell phone rings, and from that one call, Matt finds his life turned inside out.

Get ready for a ride with this book. There are a lot of characters, and each one comes alive. It's a fun, gripping read, and you will not want to put the book down until you find out what happened and who was involved.

Run, don't walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your book down for two minutes and write me. Pretty please!
I appreciate you taking the time to visit the blog and comment.