Friday, January 20, 2012

All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins

I'll write another post about the first Kristan Higgins book I read, My One and Only, which I loved so much. I found All I Ever Wanted, and, because of my love for My One and Only, I grabbed it.

And ... it wasn't My One and Only.

Callie Grey is about to turn 30, she expects her boss, with whom she shared a quick, commitment-free fling, to propose to her. OF COURSE SHE DOES. And of course we readers know that he will not do such a thing. So Callie heads home, ready to head to the 30th birthday party her mother is throwing her in the family funeral home.

I'm serious.

But she meets a veterinarian, Ian MacFarland, who is quite tightly wound. I bet you can predict what will happen next.

In My One and Only, I knew what would happen, but it was still so much fun to read. It isn't that All I Ever Wanted is boring or unentertaining, it's more that it sort of pales next to My One and Only. Maybe if I'd read this one first, I would have liked it more.

It's cute, though, with some sex scenes that are not graphic, but nonetheless rather hot. If you're looking for a fun read, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your book down for two minutes and write me. Pretty please!
I appreciate you taking the time to visit the blog and comment.